What are the steps to the Scientific Method?
The Scientific Method is an organized way of answering a science question. There are usually six parts to it:
1. Purpose- What do you want to learn?
2. Research- Find out as much as you can.
3. Hypothesis- Try to predict the answer to the problem. Another term for hypothesis is 'educated guess'. This is usually stated like " If I...(do something) then...(this will occur)
4. Experiment- The fun part! Design a test or procedure to confirm or disprove your hypothesis.
5. Analysis- Record what happened during the experiment. Also known as 'data'.
6. Conclusion- Review the data and check to see if your hypothesis was correct.
The scientific method is used al over the world every day to make new discoveries.
NOW YOU KNOW!