What is the difference between food chain and a food web?
FOOD CHAINS FOLLOW A SINGLE PATH AS ANIMALS EAT EACH OTHER.
- THE SUN provides food for GRASS
- The GRASS is eaten by a GRASSHOPPER
- The GRASSHOPPER is eaten by a FROG
- The FROG is eaten by a SNAKE
- The SNAKE is eaten by a HAWK.
- TREES produce ACORNS which act as food for many MICE and INSECTS.
- Because there are many MICE, WEASELS and SNAKES have food.
- The insects and the acorns also attract BIRDS, SKUNKS, and OPOSSUMS.
- With the SKUNKS, OPPOSUMS, WEASELS and MICE around, HAWKS, FOXES, and OWLS can find food.
- They are all connected! Like a spiders web, if one part is removed, it can affect the whole web.